Fieldwire has a two-step verification process for tasks. In order for tasks to be closed out, they are marked as "Completed" and then subsequently "Verified".
Who can perform two-step verification
All permission levels (Followers, Members and Admins) can mark a task as complete. However only Project Admins can verify or delete tasks. This ensures that every task is managed efficiently and accurately and that no task goes unseen. (For more information about project permission levels in Fieldwire, please see this article: Introduction to Project Permission Levels: Administrators, Members, and Followers)
Project member and followers
(cannot verify or delete)
(can complete, verify or delete)
Custom Task Statuses and Two-Step Verification
Note: Custom Task Statuses are available to projects covered under the ‘Pro’ and ‘Business’ subscription.
Project admins can adjust the permission set and ‘type’ of statuses. This means each task status can be associated with a project permission set (Admins Only, Admins & Members, and All users). Given that custom task statuses will always follow an open, to tracked, to verified workflow, project Admins can determine which permission sets have the option to move the task into the 'Tracked' or 'Verified' Status. Read more about custom task statuses in this article: Custom Task Statuses.
A Two-step verification workflow can be created by leveraging the ‘Permissions’ associated with each status. This example workflow tracks work from pre-punch to final approval by the GC:
The two step-verification occurs between the ‘Approved by Sub’ to the ‘Approved by GC’ status:
- The ‘Approved by Sub’ Status is available for ‘All users’. I have subs on site who are both followers and members, so I’d like them to be able to move the task into this status when their work is complete.
- The ‘Approved by GC’ status is only available to ‘Admins’ because my Super is one of the few Admins onsite and will be the one to verify the work that was completed by the sub.
- Learn about tasks: What are tasks and what can I do with them?
- What happens once a task is verified: When are Verified tasks archived and how do I view them?
- How you can remove verified tasks from your project but still retain the data: How can I force my verified tasks to archive?
Video Tutorial on Creating Tasks
Video Tutorial on Advanced Task Features