Am I able to access and use Fieldwire when I don't have a connection to the internet?
Of course! Fieldwire's mobile apps for Android and iOS work while online or offline. When you're away from internet access, you can view all of the project content that has been downloaded onto your device. You can also add new content to your projects, which will then be automatically synced (pushed to the web version of Fieldwire) to the project the next time your device is connected to WiFi or cellular data (and if you have the Fieldwire mobile app open).
- Offline functionality is not available on the Windows App, which is currently in beta, and cannot be used with Surface Pro tablets.
- Ensure that you are logged into your account on the mobile app before you go offline. You will not be able to log into your account on the mobile apps if the device is offline, since the device needs a network connection to authenticate your account. If you try to log into the mobile app while the device is offline, you will see the following error message:
- After you have added or edited project content while offline, always reconnect your device to WiFi or turn on cellular data and open Fieldwire if possible. Fieldwire will automatically push the updated content to the web version. This ensures that everyone has access to the latest project data.
- While offline, tasks will not have any automatic task numbers. Once you connect the device to a WiFi network (or a cellular data connection) and open the Fieldwire mobile app, your tasks will be numbered. If multiple team members were working offline at the same time, the first person to reconnect will receive the first set of task numbers because the backend requests issued from their device will have reached our servers first.
Resources for Syncing Issues
If you ever encounter any instances where the content on your mobile device doesn't match with the content on the web (or vice versa), try the troubleshooting steps in the articles below.
- Field Guide to Syncing
- Sync issues? Troubleshooting on an Android device
- Sync issues? Troubleshooting on an iOS device
Have any feedback?