Navigation in Fieldwire is designed to keep everything clear while you’re on the job. After logging in, you’ll arrive at the Projects dashboard. Here you can view all of your active projects, or create a new one. Click on the project title in order to open it. Each project consists of five core tabs: Plans, Tasks, Files, People, and Graphs. There is also a Settings tab for updating project-wide settings.
1) Core Navigation
- Plans Tab - Clicking this tab will let you view all of your uploaded sheets, as well as create new tasks, markups, and hyperlinks.
- Tasks Tab - Here, you are able to easily view, filter, and manage all of the tasks on your project. You can also change between a priorities and calendar view.
- Photos Tab - This is where you can find all of your project photos (from within tasks and attachments).
- Files Tab - This tab collects all of the files associated with your project.
- People Tab - You can manage all of the users working on your project on this page. Users are organized by permission access, and you can view their contact information by clicking on their name.
- Graphs Tab - Allows you to view project analytics and generate reports.
- Settings Tab - This is where you update project-wide settings. Keep in mind, this page is only visible to project Admins.
There are also filtering options that allow you to restructure your project display as you see fit:
- When you create tasks, you can include the category they are associated with. Typically, people assign categories based on specific project topics or trades (e.g. HVAC, Plumbing, Electrical).
- If you only wish to view tasks associated with a certain category, just select that one from the list. Categories are visible in the core navigation column, beneath the other tabs.
- Should you need to edit or delete a category, you can do that by hovering over it. When you hover over a category, a little gear will appear. Please note, if you delete a category, you will also delete all tasks assigned to it.
- You can pick which categories to view on each tab (Plans, Tasks, People, Graphs).