Fieldwire offers a wide range of features that you can access on both the web and your mobile device. However, some of these features are better suited for one platform over the other.
In general, we strongly recommend you complete these tasks on the web:
- Create new projects (there are more options and it’s easier to upload plans).
- Generate reports and export as-builts (only available on the web).
- Upload files to the Files tab.
- Organize tasks (you can do so by priority, start/end date, recently updated and archived).
- Import tasks and checklists.
The mobile app is more useful for performing these tasks:
- Taking progress photos (they will be task-specific and timestamped).
- Updating the status of tasks and leaving comments on progress.
- Viewing and marking up your plans in the field.
You’ll learn the benefits of using certain features on certain platforms as you use Fieldwire more often, but in the meantime, hopefully these suggestions prove to be helpful.