Fieldwire features several key ways to notify users about tasks, so that everyone on your project stays in the loop and knows what their responsibilities are.
Notifications center on the web
Real-time push notifications
If you assign a task to a user that also has Fieldwire installed on their mobile device, they will get an immediate notification that a new task has been assigned to them. As all of our tasks follow an ownership model, anyone who has created or been assigned a task will continue to get updates on its progress. This way, if you assign a task to, let's say, a sub, and they mark it as complete, you will get notified of the update.
Same as the notifications above, only via email.
Note: You can adjust the email settings in your profile settings on the web.
Task Email Notification
An email is triggered to all task watchers (except the author of the update) 5 mins after a task is updated. However, the email will include all updates since it was first triggered & these emails are limited to 1 per hour.
In contrast, the in-app notifications will be instant.
Task notification center on mobile
There is a notification center on mobile, which you can learn about by viewing the article titled 'What are notifications'
Disabling task notifications on mobile
You can disable task notifications on mobile by navigating to your device settings. Then, you can disable all Fieldwire notifications on your device.
Note: You will still receive email notifications, though you can adjust which email notifications you receive by going to the profile settings on the web.
Task notification center on the web
There is a notification center on the web, which you can learn about by viewing the article titled 'What are notifications?'.
The two options are:
- Enabling/disabling the "Send email when tasks are created or updated"
- Enabling/disabling the "Send email when plans have a new version or markups"
A task notification will be sent when:
- Adding Messages on a task.
- Verifying/completing a task.
- Updating the assignee of a task.
Notification will NOT be sent when:
- Photos / files / forms / crop plans are attached.
- Adjusting the category / location / start and end dates / manpower / cost / tags / watchers (directly from the task attributes section).
- The Notification would come through if these were updated via messages. Ex: adding ‘#tag’ or ‘@category’ as a message.
- Adding a checklist / marking off a checklist line item.
- Adding a related task
- You can learn more about tasks in the article titled 'What is a task?'
- You can learn about how to make sure relevant people are notified by tagging people within tasks in the 'How do the "@" and "#" signs work?'