Overview & background
Fieldwire offers three reporting options that are available for Premium users in the 'Tasks' tab of Fieldwire. The goal of the reporting options is to export Task data so you can capture and document your entire project.
Fieldwire offers several reporting options for your project. Currently, there are three ways for users to generate reports:
- PDF Summary - This is more of a bullet point list (good for simple punch lists).
- Detailed PDF Report - A detailed report that has all of the project's content: images, annotations, etc. (good for daily Foreman meetings).
- Complete CSV (Excel) Export - An excel data dump that has all the information from your project (good for documentation purposes when a project ends - alternatively, good if you want to run custom analytics or reports for your crew).
Note: Reports can only be generated five times in a one-hour window. The hour starts to count down as soon as the first report is generated. This logic only applies to on-demand reports, ex: emailed or downloaded reports; scheduled reports do not count towards this limit.
Complete CSV (Excel) Export
An excel data dump that has all the information from your project (good for documentation purposes when a project ends - alternatively, good if you want to run custom analytics or reports for your crew).
Use cases: Documentation purposes at project end or transferring information between projects.
Tip: You can use the downloaded CSV to run custom analysis in a third party software like Excel.
PDF Summary report
PDF Summary reports offer a quick overview of the project status.
Use case: Export list of the tasks to easily see which tasks are open and which tasks are closed to keep your client in the loop.
Tip: Use the filtering options to ensure you are viewing the relevant information.
Detailed PDF report
A highly customizable and detailed report that can include task photos, checklists and can be filtered by assignee and category.
Use cases: Punchlists, progress, walkthroughs.
Tip: Use the auto-scheduled emails to automatically send reports to key stakeholders on a weekly or monthly basis.
How plans will display on PDF reports
- You can choose to include the plans within the reports for additional documentation.
- You can choose to include Files within reports, Files smaller than 2.5MB will be displayed in full in your report.
- You can filter by category, owner and task status before generating the reports.
- These reports will be emailed to you, which allows you to quickly forward them on to your crew.
We also allow you to export your marked up plans as PDFs. At the moment, you can do this from the individual plan page. You will need Adobe Reader to view them properly. The export will allow you to view the marked up final sheet, interact with the markups and even show you who created the initial markups.
Example of the Summary report:
Example of the Detailed report:
Note: If you attach a file to a task, and run a report of the tasks, the file will be included in the report if it is smaller than 2.5 Mb. If the file is larger than 2.5 Mb, it will be accessible via a hyperlink in the report.
- This Report mentions a Spec File. It is <2.5mb so the full file is included at the end of the report.
- This Report mentions another File. It is >2.5mb so only the file hyperlink is included.
What does the 'Report Generation Failed' pop-up mean?
If you attempt to email or download a report and you receive the message 'Report Generation Failed' it means that the report has been generated too many times in a one-hour window:
The limit is 10 reports, per report template, per hour.
The hour starts to count down when the first report has been generated.
There might be a few different reasons as to why you might receive this message. This chart details a few common reasons as to why you may run into this message:
A report template is generated more than ten times in a row under an hour; each report has new filters applied to it.
Clone the report template, and adjust the filters on the cloned report.
Several users generate the same report template at the same time.
|Add more emails under the Recipients section.|
Typically, you should not hit this limit. Just keep in mind what specifically you'd like to report on, and to leverage the 'Recipients' field to send the report to the appropriate stakeholders.
These help articles provide more information about generating reports in Fieldwire:
- Practical Guide: How to Manage Multifamily Construction Projects
- How do I generate reports in Fieldwire?
You can also view the 'Generating Reports' video tutorial below!
The video below contains information on how to create punch list reports in Fieldwire!