Overview & background
This article applies when your organization has multiple paid accounts. Your team wants to centralize the account owner in order to move a paid account to another paying account or transfer individual paying accounts to a centralized paying account.
When to consolidate paid accounts
When people are paying for their own Fieldwire subscription. You want one person to own the billing process and pay for all subscriptions for your organization.
Note: When a project is transferred to a different account, all users on the account or project are added to the main account. Ensure the correct people are on the Project before transferring project ownership.
Step by step instructions
Step 1: The users with obsolete accounts downgrade their paid accounts to a Trial (or free) subscription - link to the article
Step 2: The new account owner invites all users to their account as Account users - link to the article
Step 3: Transfer all projects from each obsolete and now non-paying 'Trial' account to the main paid account - link to the article
The account has been consolidated
Tip: To verify who has been added to your account on the main dashboard 'People' page. Everyone listed on the Account 'People' tab is covered by your account.
Examples of account consolidations
Situation: Larry and Jill are both paying for accounts. Larry's Construction wants the billing to be centralized (with Larry as the Account Owner) so he can pay for everyone.
To do this:
- Jill downgrades her account to the Trial version
- Larry invites Jill to his account as an Account User.
- Jill can then 'Transfer' the projects to Larry's paying account by selecting 'Transfer to my Pro/Business/Enterprise account' (screenshot below).
Situation: Construction Inc. has 4 paid accounts. There are 4 Construction Inc. users that each has a credit card linked to their account: George, Bill, Jenny, and Tom. The account owner, George, wants to pay for everyone to centralize billing.
The process is exactly the same:
- Bill, Jenny and Tom downgrade their accounts so they are no longer paying for Fieldwire.
- George invites Bill, Jenny, and Tom to his account as Account Users.
- Now all users can open the projects they want to transfer to George's account, and select 'Transfer to my Pro/Business/Enterprise account' (screenshot above).