Overview & background
Crop plans are a fantastic way to highlight a specific area of a plan within a task.
Crop plan on iOS
Adding a crop plan to a task
Once a task has been attached to plan (i.e. the task has a pin icon, rather than a square or a diamond), you can attach a task.
Note: You cannot attach a crop plan to a 'square task' because all tasks in the shape of a square icon are not associated with plans.
1. Open the task and press the "+" symbol.
[Note: on Android and web, select the
2. Select "Crop Plan"
[Note: This option will only appear if
3. Zoom in to choose the exact location on plan.
Then, select the Crop Plan and you'll have
4. The marked-up Crop Plan will then be
The crop plan will also be added to your
How to Add a Crop Plan to a Task on the Web
1. Open task that is associated with a plan, and click on the paperclip icon:
2. Select the 'Crop plan' option:
3. Zoom in, using the scroll wheel on your mouse, the touchpad on your laptop, or the "+" and "-" options in the top left of the screen, to choose the exact location on plan. Then, select "Crop Plan" to capture that portion of the plan:
4. The Crop Plan will then be inserted into your task:
Here, you can download the photo, or add markups to it. The crop plan will also be available to view and download from the Photos tab.
How to add a Crop Plan to RFIs
You can add a crop plan to an RFI in an Open or Draft state.
1. Click on the attachment link and then select Crop Plan.
2. Select the plan you want to crop
3. Hover over the area you wish to crop, then select Crop Plan at the bottom of the screen
4. The crop plan will then appear on the RFI under Attachments