The Trash tab is a Project-level tool that allows you to recover any Plans, Files, Tasks, Forms, or Photos that have been deleted in the last 30 days. It's available for our customers (using any premium subscription) on the web version of Fieldwire, and is accessible only to account and project admins.
If a task has been deleted for more than 30 days (after which it cannot be restored from the Trash tab), we do have a workaround that allows you to recreate deleted tasks using the Task Importer (How do I recreate deleted tasks after they have been deleted for more than 30 days?).
Note: Deleted 3D models and individual plan sheets from the single plan "version control" button are NOT stored in the Trash tab. They are deleted permanently and cannot be restored.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you'd like to add a vote for the capability to restore 3D models or any other Fieldwire content from the trash tab. Every upvote we receive from customers helps determine which features we'll develop next!
- Platforms: Web only
- Subscriptions: Not available on Basic, but included in Pro and every other premium plan (Pro and Business Subscriptions: The Features You Get and How To Set Them Up)
- Permissions: Only Project Admins can access and restore deleted items; Members can view the page but not take actions within it, and Followers cannot access it (they see a greyed-out version of the gear icon).
How to access the Trash tab
Like the "Settings" icon, the Trash tab icon is only visible and clickable in the left menu for Project Admins. You can see the type of deleted entity, who deleted it, and when it was deleted; on the right-hand side, the "Restore" option is displayed in blue text.
How to restore items
You can choose to restore one item at a time:
Or, to restore multiple items at once, select each checkbox (or the checkbox next to the date of deletion for all items under that date), then select 'Actions' and 'Restore':
Note: Forms are able to be recovered from the Trash tab; however, Form Templates cannot be recovered from the Trash tab. Once Form Templates are deleted, they are permanently deleted along with all connected forms.
(Please email email@example.com if you'd like to upvote the ability to restore Form Templates from the trash tab, so that they can be restored).
How to re-attach tasks that were pinned to a deleted plan sheet
Tasks pinned to plans are NOT deleted when you delete the plan that they're attached to; you can still view these tasks in the 'Tasks' tab. The task shape will be changed from a pin to a square icon, to indicate that the tasks are no longer associated with a plan:
You can utilize the filter function to locate tasks that were left behind from the deleted plan:
1. Go to the Task tab and select 'Filter task':
2. Click on the plans section and choose 'No plan':
3. You can also leverage additional filters for Status, Category, Assignee, keyword, etc. to further isolate the the particular group of tasks you're looking for:
4. Once you find your tasks, use the checkboxes to select all of them, click on 'Actions' and then 'Batch edit':
5. From the batch edit screen, you will be able to reattach the tasks to a specific plan sheet:
- Introduction to Project Permission Levels: Administrators, Members, and Followers
- How do I recreate deleted tasks after they have been deleted for more than 30 days?