Overview & Background
Fieldwire offers a "Forms" module for the Business and Premier tiers. Within this module, we do offer pre-made Form templates such as Safety Audit, Daily Report, RFI's, Inspection Request, Time & Material Tag, and Timesheet forms as well as the option to create your own Custom forms on the account. You can also push any custom forms from your project to your account to distribute these across your projects, similarly, you can push any forms from your account to your projects - take a look at this article on account form templates for more information.
The Safety Audit Form is designed to document safety conditions on-site.
Through Fieldwire, you can fill out a Safety Audit very quickly and conveniently on mobile or on the web. Within the template, you can:
- Populate information about safety observations on site.
- Attach photos or relevant files.
- Assign the form to the relevant person, sign off on the Safety Audit, and change the status to "Submitted".
The Safety Audit Form
- Safety Audit Number (#) - Fieldwire automatically generates a form number that cannot be edited.
- Description - A freeform section that allows you to customize the Safety Audit title. For example, if you would like to label your Safety Audits by date and crew, you could enter the date as the description.
- Assignee - The person responsible for filling out the Safety Audit at a given time. You have the option to re-assign a Safety Audit to someone you may need input from. The assignee receives a notification when the report has been submitted.
- Status - When creating a Safety Audit, the status defaults to "Draft". Once complete, the Safety Audit can be submitted by selecting "Submitted" from the drop-down menu.
- Date - Fieldwire automatically adopts the date that the form was created, however, this can be edited.
- Due Date - The form creator can add a 'Due Date' to indicate the expected day the form will need to be completed by. Any assignee and the admin can update the date after the form has been created.
Note: Email and in-app notifications are sent to the Form Assignee 48 hours prior to the due date. If the Form Due Date is changed, then the notification resets and will be sent 48 hours prior to the new Due Date. If the assignee changes then a new email is sent.
Note: Project Admins can create calculations in a table using Integer and Decimal entry types. Learn more about this here.
- General Observations - By default, Fieldwire will populate with four different sections. You can check off common safety observations like if the site is secure from the public, first aid supplies are on-site, and if the path of egress is clear. The checkbox contains options to mark the item as 'yes', 'no', or 'n/a'. There is also a free-form notes section for additional documentation.
- Additional Observations - You are able to document various safety concerns, the location, corrective actions, and the status of the safety concern in this section. You can add as many entries as you see fit.
- Photo / File - Here you can upload a photo or file related to the day.
- 360 Photo - On the Business Plan, you have the option to upload any 360º photos to Fieldwire.
- Existing Photo - The "Existing photo" option allows you to attach any photos stored under the “Photos” tab to your Form.
- Existing file - This option allows you to attach a file that has been uploaded into your project.
- Crop plan - Here you can include a cropped section of the plan to highlight the exact location in question. For example, if an incident was recorded in a basement you could crop that section of the plan.
Note: You can upload files up to 200mb and photos up to 50mb.
The signature section prompts users to provide an electronic signature on the Web or a free-hand signature on mobile. Fieldwire will automatically include the timestamp of when the form was signed to help ensure accountability.
On the Web, you, or someone who does not have a Fieldwire Account, can add sign your form:
|The name of the user that is logged in will populate as the first signature option.||Choose 'Sign as someone else' to have a user who does not have a Fieldwire account sign the form.|
The signature of any user signing as themselves will be accompanied by a date, time, device-stamp as well as the signatory's Company and Job title to show when exactly the form was signed and which individual signed it. The user who is logged into Fieldwire on the device where the Form was accessed will be listed as the device owner:
|'Sign as Ben Schantz'|
|'Sign as someone else'|
On the iOS and Android Versions of Fieldwire, you can also have another user sign the form:
|The name of the user that is logged in will populate as the first signature option.||Choose 'Someone else' to have a user who does not have a Fieldwire account sign the form.|
After you determined who will sign the form, you'll be prompted to add a freehand signature to the Form if you are signing. If someone else is signing the Form, they'll be prompted to type their name before they add their freehand signature.
As with signing on the Web, any signature will be accompanied by a date, time, and device-stamp to show when exactly the form was signed and which individual signed it.
Note: The signatory's Company and Job title are not yet shown if the Form is signed on mobile.
The user who is logged into Fieldwire on the device where the Form was accessed will be listed as the device owner:
|Sign form as 'Andrew White'|
|Sign form as 'Someone Else'|
Once the mandatory fields are entered and the Safety Audit has been signed, you can submit the form by changing the "Status" to "Submitted". After the form is submitted, it cannot be edited unless a Project Admin changes its status back to "Draft".
The form creator, assignee, and last editor will receive a notification when the form has been submitted. If you would like to send the completed Safety Audit as a PDF, you can download the form on the web. If you need more information on submitting Forms, take a look at this article.