Overview & Background
Fieldwire offers a "Forms" module for the Business and Premier tiers. Within this module, we do offer pre-made Form templates such as Time & Material Tag, Daily Report, RFI's, Inspection Request, Safety Audit, and Timesheet forms as well as the option to create your own Custom forms on the account.
The Time & Material Tag Form is designed to document the time spent by the contractor's subcontractors to perform the work, and for materials used to complete the work on-site.
Through Fieldwire, you can fill out a Time & Materials tag very quickly and conveniently on mobile or on the web. Within the template, you can:
- Populate information about the time spent on labor, equipment, and materials used.
- Attach photos or relevant files.
- Sign the T&M form assign the form to the relevant person, then change the status to "Submitted".
The Time & Material Tag Form
- Form Number (#) - Fieldwire automatically generates a form number that cannot be edited.
- Description - A freeform section that allows you to customize the Time & Material Tag title. For example, if you would like to label your Time & Material Tags by date and crew, you could enter the date and crew (e.g. "6/15 Concrete Crew") as the description.
- Assignee - The person responsible for filling out the Time & Material Tags at a given time. You have the option to re-assign a daily report to someone you may need input from. The assignee receives a notification when the report has been submitted.
- Status - When creating a daily report, the status defaults to "Draft". Once complete, the Time & Material Tag can be submitted by selecting "Submitted" from the drop-down menu.
- General Information - Here you designate who the Time & Material Tag should be issued to, and who it has been issued from. You can also designate the Description of Work.
- Labor - This section allows you to document the labor that was performed onsite. There are sections to record the Trade, a description of the tasks performed, and sections to document the hours of labor taken by the Trade.
- Equipment - This Section allows you to document the Equipment that was used on-site, as well as the number of hours spent using the equipment.
- Material - This Section allows you to document the Materials that were used on-site, as well as the number of hours spent installing those materials.
- Photo / File - Here you can upload a photo or file related to the day.
- Existing file - This option allows you to link a file that has been uploaded into your project.
- Crop plan - Here include a cropped section of the plan to highlight the exact location in question.
Signature - All daily reports must be signed before they are submitted. For traceability, Fieldwire automatically displays the time and day of when the form was signed.