I've uploaded a new version of a plan to Fieldwire, however, I noticed that some of my markups have not pushed to the latest version, why did this happen and how can I fix it?
Example 1: There is a cloud and text markup on the old/initial version of the plan. It seems like these markups should have pushed to the latest version of the plan when that was uploaded to Fieldwire.
|New Version (missing some markups):
Generally, Fieldwire markups will push from old versions of sheets to the new versions when you upload them.
The markups on the old version of the plan do not transfer to the latest version when either:
- The markups were not made in Fieldwire (but rather were added to plan before it was uploaded to Fieldwire).
- OR, the markup was added to the old version of the plan AFTER the new version of the plan was uploaded.
There are a few ways to confirm in both of these instances:
- Right-Click on the Markup:
- If you can select it the markup, it was made in Fieldwire.
- If you cannot select it, the markup was not made in Fieldwire.
- If you can select the markup on the old version, but it has not pushed to the latest version of your plan, select 'Details' to pull up the 'Markup Details'.
- Compare the date that the markup was created to the date that the latest plan was uploaded. The markup will not sync to the latest version of the plan if it was created after adding the latest version of the plan.
|The latest version was added at 1:22 pm
|However, the markup was added to the old version at 1:31 pm.
How to Fix
If your markups were added to the plan in another program before being uploaded to Fieldwire, there is not a way to transfer them between versions of plans in our system. If this occurs, you would need to re-create the markup on either the new version of the sheet, or you would have to recreate the markup in Fieldwire.
If you notice that your markup has not pushed to the latest version because it was added after the latest version, follow the steps below to ensure it can push:
1. Delete the latest version of the sheet from the 'Version Control' option.
2. Re-upload the new version from the 'Version control' option.
3. The markups will push from the latest version (top of the list before you re-upload the new one) to the newest version once it's re-uploaded.
Here are some additional articles on using Version Control with your plans: