How can I ensure that all of my Fieldwire users (including myself) are receiving Fieldwire system emails?
Examples of Fieldwire system emails
- Account Invitations
- Instructions for Unlocking your Account
- Password Resets
- Project Invitations
- Task Notifications
- Task Reports
- Plan Notification Updates
- Exports: Plan Sheets, Photos, Files, Forms, RFI Reports, Submittal Reports
Like any other platform, our emails could be accidentally caught by your inbox SPAM filters or network security. Additionally, the receiving email address may have been unsubscribed from our email list, or an email previously sent to a user could have "bounced" (which typically blocks future emails from being received, until the issue is rectified on our end).
Many of these issues can be quickly solved by adding Fieldwire as a "safe sender"; read on for instructions on how to quickly fix each potential culprit!
Ensure the Fieldwire System is Recognized as a "Safe Sender"
If you're setting up your account, we strongly recommend "whitelisting" this Fieldwire system sender information. If you plan on sending Fieldwire resources such as reports, exported plans, etc. to relevant teams outside your own company, be sure to send this information along to those teams as well:
- Send From addresses: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sender domains: fieldwire.com, fieldwire.net
- Sender IP: 126.96.36.199
If you use an alternative email service for your company, the details will look slightly different, but there will be similar relevant whitelist/safe-sender/SPAM filtering options to add us to in your settings. If your company has an IT department or resource, please forward this information to them and they'll know how to utilize it in your systems.
If you have any questions or difficulty, email email@example.com.
If resending the emails after whitelisting Fieldwire doesn't result in receiving them, then follow these additional steps, depending on if you're a Fieldwire User or Admin:
As a User:
1. When logging in or facilitating an email request (i.e. password reset, export, report, etc.), confirm the email address contains no typos and is correctly spelled.
2. Look for the email in your SPAM folder for the email address you use (or are going to use) to log in to Fieldwire. If the email was in your Spam folder, then add firstname.lastname@example.org as a trusted sender.
3. If the email is not in the SPAM folder, then have a Project Admin check under the People tab of the Project and confirm if there is an 'Invalid Email' icon next to the user name (see below). This will indicate if an email address has previously unsubscribed or bounced.
4. If a Project Admin is not available, please send an email to email@example.com and include the affected email address in your request for Support to confirm if your email address can receive emails.
As an Admin:
1. Confirm the email address contains no typos and is correctly spelled when sending the email invitation, export, or task report.
2. Confirm that the email address can receive emails. While under the "People" tab in the Project, check to see if there is an 'Invalid Email' icon next to the email address:
3. If an 'Invalid Email' icon is displayed, then no emails will be sent to the user. This indicates that the email address has previously bounced or unsubscribed.
To resubscribe the email address, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the affected email address in the request.
4. If an 'Invalid Email' icon is NOT displayed, then the email address is valid and emails should be successfully received.
Please reach out to your internal support team and let them know that you are not receiving emails from Fieldwire (email@example.com).