How can I ensure myself and all my other Fieldwire Users are receiving Fieldwire system emails?
Examples of Fieldwire system emails:
- Project Invitations/Account Invitations
- Instructions for Unlocking your Account
- Password Resets
- Task Notifications
- Task Reports
- Plan Notification Updates
- Exports: Plan Sheets, Photos, Files, or Forms
These emails could be being accidentally caught by your network security, or the receiving email address may have been previously unsubscribed or bounced in our system. If you're sending invites that aren't being received, you'll also want to double-check that the recipients' email address is spelled correctly. We'll walk you through how to quickly rule out and fix each potential culprit below.
How to Fix
Ensure the Fieldwire System is Recognized as a "Safe Sender"
If you're setting up your account, first be sure to "whitelist" this Fieldwire system sender information. If you plan on sending Fieldwire resources like reports, exported plans, etc. to relevant teams outside your own company, be sure to send this information along to those teams as well:
- Send from addresses: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sender domains: fieldwire.com, fieldwire.net
- Sender IP: 220.127.116.11
For reference, here's exactly how to whitelist safe senders in Gmail for business, and here's how to do it in Microsoft Outlook. If you use a different email service for your company, the details will look slightly different, but there will be similar relevant whitelist/safe-sender/SPAM filtering options to add us to in your settings. If your company has an IT department or resource, please forward this information to them and they'll know what to do with it in your systems. If you have any questions or difficulty, email email@example.com.
If resending the emails after whitelisting Fieldwire doesn't result in receiving them, then follow these additional steps, depending on if you're a Fieldwire User or Admin:
As a User:
1. When logging in or making an email request (i.e. password reset, export, report, etc.), confirm the email address contains no typos and is correctly spelled.
2. Look for the email in your SPAM folder for the email address you use (or are going to use) to log in to Fieldwire. If the email was in your Spam folder, then add firstname.lastname@example.org as a trusted sender.
3. If the email is not in the SPAM folder, then have a Project Admin check under the People tab of the Project and confirm if there is an 'Invalid Email' icon next to the user name (see below). This will indicate if an email address has previously unsubscribed or bounced.
4. If a Project Admin is not available, please send an email to email@example.com and include the affected email address in your request for Support to confirm if your email address can receive emails.
As an Admin:
1. Confirm the email address contains no typos and is correctly spelled when sending the email invitation, export, or task report.
2. Confirm that the email address can receive emails. While under the People tab of the Project, check to see if there is an 'Invalid Email' icon next to the user name (see screenshot below).
3. If an 'Invalid Email' icon is displayed, then no emails will be sent to the user. This would indicate that the email address has previously bounced or unsubscribed.
To resubscribe the email address, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the affected email address in the request.
4. If an 'Invalid Email' icon is NOT displayed, then the email address is valid and are being sent.
Please reach out to your internal support team and let them know that you are not receiving emails from Fieldwire (email@example.com).