I have deleted a form(s), but now when I create a new form, the form number doesn't reset. How can I readjust the sequential form numbers to be consistent?
Example: I created a few Daily Report forms, and on the third form, I made an error and had to delete it. Now when I create a new Daily report, it skips over Daily Report #3 to Daily Report #4:
There isn't currently a way to directly reset the sequential form numbers. Once a form is created from a given template, it establishes a permanent form number, and even if deleted, the following forms created from that template are labeled with the next sequential form number.
Note: Each form will begin with the Title of the Form Template, followed with a form number. This part cannot be edited:
The description of the form is the customizable section of the title after the dash. You can customize this part of every form title, if you choose:
How to Fix
The best workaround is to duplicate your form template, which will then create a new form template, and the form numbers created from this template will begin from 1.
1. Navigate to the arrow that points down, next to the name of the form, and click on the Manage template option:
2. From this screen, you will want to click on the Actions button and click on Duplicate:
3. This will create a duplicate Form Template:
4. From here, rename the Form template the same as the template it was duplicated from and publish:
5. The new form template will be located below the form template it was duplicated from, and you can start creating new forms in which the form numbers start from 1:
Here are a few related articles on the 'Forms' tab: