I recently uploaded drawings with names that I didn't realize aligned with those of existing plans in my Fieldwire project. This caused the plans to become the newest version of my other plans, when I wanted to add them as their own plans. The tasks transferred to the new version as well, and my team does not want to have to re-do those.
Is there a way I can separate drawings once they've been grouped together as versions and get my tasks back on the right plans?
Example: The most up-to-date drawing is different from the previous plan versions. Tasks have been transferred from 'A6.02' and added to the 'A1(1).01A' plan, when they really only correspond to the latter:
You cannot separate plans once they have been versioned together. If the tasks, markups, or links were meant for the original plan, you can simply delete the latest, incorrect version of the plan, and all your items will transfer back over to the next most recent remaining plan version.
However, if the tasks, markups, or links created on the latest plan version were meant for the new drawing and not the original plan that it versioned to, you will need to either:
1. If there's just a few markups that will be quick to recreate after re-uploading the plan, manually remove these items before deleting the latest version to re-upload as its own plan. If the version is deleted before the markups, all of these items will transfer over to the next most recent remaining plan version.
2. If there's a lot of valuable markups that you don't want to recreate, consider renaming your latest plan version and delete the previous versions instead of the latest. If you still need to use any previous versions as their own plan, re-upload those plans to Fieldwire as their own new plans once you've given the other one a distinct name.
How to Fix
Follow these instructions if the tasks, markups, or links on the latest, incorrect version were meant for the original plan
You will simply delete the latest, incorrect plan version from version control in order for all those items to transfer back to the newest remaining version.
1. Open the plan and click on version control:
2. Hover over the right side of the plan to make the 'Edit' option appear:
3. Continue by clicking delete and confirm:
4. Once it's removed as a version of the wrong plan, update the name of that plan file wherever you have it stored (on your computer in OneDrive, etc.) to ensure its name is distinct from the other plan it accidentally versioned into last time, and then navigate to the 'Plans' tab and re-upload it.
Follow these instructions if the tasks, markups, or links created were meant for the new drawings (not the original plan)
Keep in mind that all other markups besides tasks will need to be manually removed before deleting the latest version. However, tasks can be transferred over so you don't need to delete and recreate those.
1. Open the plan:
2. Click on the trash icon of the markup tools and delete any markups or links that don't belong on the original plan:
3. Transfer over any task that doesn't belong to the drawing by clicking the task to view its details and then changing the 'Plan' attribute:
4. Click on version control:
5. Hover over the right side of the plan to make the 'Edit' option appear:
6. Continue by clicking delete and confirm: