When I try to generate a report, I get the following message. Why would I get this message when I already have a premium Fieldwire subscription?
"Upgrade to Pro to generate reports. Generate reports to share work progress, punch lists, or site observations with anyone, whether they are a Fieldwire user or not."
There are three possibilities:
1. You bought your Fieldwire license from the Apple App Store, which requires an additional step to activate. Please email email@example.com or search your email for an email from that address, as we've likely already reached out to complete your premium subscription activation.
2. You are working on a project created in another Fieldwire user's account, which is still using our free Basic subscription. If the owner of a project creates it in a Basic account, then that project does not have premium Fieldwire features available for any users, even if you have upgraded your own account.
3. You have been invited as a project, rather than account, user to a project in another Fieldwire user's premium account. If you have been invited to a premium account as a project user and do not have your own premium Fieldwire account, you only have access to Fieldwire premium features on that project, and your own projects would still be using our free Basic features unless/until you upgrade.
How to Fix
If you have your own premium subscription but are working on a project created by another Fieldwire user in a free Basic account (#2 above), the project owner needs to upgrade their account or transfer the project to your account if you want to use Fieldwire premium features on that project. Transferring the project to your account will make you the new project owner, which will also make your account responsible for paying for any users invited to that project that don't have a premium Fieldwire subscription of their own.
If you were invited to a paying account as a project user (#3 above) and want to use premium Fieldwire features on your other projects, then follow these steps to upgrade your account.
Alternatively, if the account owner of the premium project you're working on is willing to pay for your premium subscription, then ask the account owner to change your invite from a project user to an account user (step by step instructions are listed below). This will give you access to premium Fieldwire features on all your projects rather than just the one premium project you were invited to.
Note: Please see the full details on the differences between the two roles in this article: What is the difference between Account Manager, Account Users, and Project Users.
How to change a user from Project User to Account User
The following steps need to be taken by the account owner if they would like to change your account permissions from a Project User to an Account User:
1. Navigate to the People Tab:
2. Find the relevant user, click on 'Project user', and select 'Account User':
Here are a few additional articles that go into reports and plan exports:
- How do I generate reports in Fieldwire?
- Can I share a plan from my Fieldwire app?
- How can I export (and print) a copy of my plan(s) with Tasks included?