How do I pick an email to use to send export emails through Fieldwire on iOS?
In other words, can I send export emails through Fieldwire using the Gmail or Outlook app? - I'd also like to pull in the contacts associated with my email application so I can more easily email them content from Fieldwire.
On iOS devices, like iPhones and iPads, you'll need to set up an email under the default 'Mail' app on iOS to use that email to send exported content and connect your contacts.
Fieldwire's iOS App can only obtain your contact information from the Apple Mail app (if you grant the app access). However, you can definitely connect Outlook, Gmail, and/or other email apps to Apple's default 'Mail' App to obtain the contact information.
How to add an Email Address to the 'Mail' App:
Add Different Email Account:
1. Head to your iOS device settings > Password & Accounts:
2. Click on 'Add Account,' and select your preferred email:
3. Enter your username and password:
4. Wait for the account to be verified.
5. Select the information you would like to share from your email:
6. Tap Save:
How to adjust the 'Default Account' for the 'Mail' app
If you've added an email address under the 'Mail' app, but are unable to export or send an email from that account, or from the Fieldwire iOS application, you can adjust the default email for the 'Mail' app:
1. Navigate to your iOS device settings > Mail:
2. Scroll to the bottom > click 'Default Account' > Select new default email:
Here are a few additional articles that go over other email and contacts features: