Crop plans are a fantastic way to highlight a specific area of a plan within a task or RFI. This allows you to be more specific in showcasing which are of the plan you're referencing and can greatly reduce any confusion or miscommunication between colleagues or different teams who are viewing those tasks or RFIs.
Adding a crop plan to a task on Mobile
Once a task has been attached to plan (i.e. the task has a pin icon, rather than a square or a diamond), you can add a crop plan to the task.
Note: You cannot attach a crop plan to a task with a square icon because all tasks with a square icon are not associated with plans.
1. Open the task and press the "+" symbol.
Note: on Android and web, select the paperclip symbol.
2. Select "Plan image"
Note: This option will only appear if the plan has been attached to plan.
3. Select "Crop Plan"
4. Zoom in to choose the exact location on the plan that you want to crop. Then, select "Save".
5. The Crop Plan will then be inserted into your task as well as added to your
6. Once the crop plan has been added to the task, you can click on the crop plan, which will bring up a larger version of the crop plan. On this larger version, you'll have the ability to add markups.
How to Add a Crop Plan to a Task on the Web
1. Open the task that is associated with a plan, and click on the paperclip icon:
2. Select the 'Crop plan' option:
3. Zoom in, using the scroll wheel on your mouse, the touchpad on your laptop, or the "+" and "-" options in the top left of the screen, to choose the exact location on plan. Then, select "Crop Plan" to capture that portion of the plan:
4. The Crop Plan will then be inserted into your task:
Here, you can download the photo, or add markups to it. The crop plan will also be available to view and download from the Photos tab.
How to add a Crop Plan to RFIs
In the "RFIs" Project Management Module, you can add a crop plan to an RFI while the RFI is Draft or Open status.
1. Click on the attachment link and then select Crop Plan.
2. Select the plan you want to crop
3. Hover over the area you wish to crop, then select Crop Plan at the bottom of the screen
4. The crop plan will then appear on the RFI under Attachments