I have deleted a form(s), but now when I create a new form, the form number doesn't reset. How can I readjust the sequential form numbers to be consistent?
Example: I created a few Daily Report forms, and on the third form, I made an error and had to delete it. Now when I create a new Daily report, it skips over Daily Report #3 to Daily Report #4:
There isn't currently a way to directly reset the sequential form numbers. Once a form is created from a given template, it establishes a permanent form number, and even if deleted, the following forms created from that template are labeled with the next sequential form number.
Note: Each form will begin with the Title of the Form Template, followed with a form number. This cannot be edited.
How to Fix
If you deleted the form, you can recover it from the Trash tab for up to 30 days. However, if the form is truly unusable, the best workaround is to duplicate your form template, which will then create a new form template, and the form numbers created from this template will begin from 1.
1. Click on the 'Manage templates' button either after clicking on the 3 dots on the far right of the form template or in upper right-hand corner:
2. From this screen, you will want to click on the Actions button and click on Duplicate:
3. This will create a duplicate Form Template:
4. From here, rename the Form template the same as the template it was duplicated from and publish:
5. The new form template will be located below the form template it was duplicated from, and you can start creating new forms in which the form numbers start from #1.
Here are a few related articles on the 'Forms' tab: