Can I submit a form to a third party, not on my Fieldwire Project, to be reviewed and signed?
We complete our forms and need to send these forms to a stakeholder who is not on our Fieldwire Project. We need this individual to sign the submitted form, how do we do this?
- If the individual is onsite, they can sign on a user's device by leveraging the "Sign as someone else" feature on Forms.
- If the individual isn't onsite, a workaround posits you create an additional signature section on the form. Then, share the form with the respective individual and have them sign the form through a PDF Editor like Adobe Acrobat Pro or free online software like Smallpdf.
If the individual is on site:
If the individual is onsite and has access to the form through a Fieldwire user's device, either on the Web or on Mobile, follow the steps below to leverage the "Sign as someone else" feature:
1. Open up the form and head to the "Signature" section.
2. In the Signature section choose to "Sign as someone else":
3. The user will type their name and select "Sign":
4. The signature section displays the name of the individual, the date & time, and the electronic signature:
If the user is off site:
If the individual is off site and does not have access to the form through a Fieldwire user's device, either on the Web or on Mobile, you can send a PDF copy of the Form to a stakeholder - that individual can then sign the Form through a PDF editor.
1. First, create a Signature section for the individual on the form (make sure that signature section is not required). If you'd like more information on how to create this, refer to this article on Custom Forms:
Note: Keep in mind, you can modify the title of the Signature section to anything you'd like.
2. Complete & Submit the form, but leave the third-party signature section blank, then email the form to the individual or download the PDF export of the Form and send this to the individual.
Your form could look something like this:
Note: Ensure the signature section is not required. Otherwise, the Form cannot be submitted.
3. Once the individual receives the PDF form export, they can leverage a PDF editor, like Adobe Acrobat to add a signature, or they can leverage a free PDF software like Smallpdf.
3a. If they use Smallpdf, upload the exported form in the 'Choose file' section. You can drag and drop the file or select from your computer:
3b. Then, navigate to the signature section and choose the 'Your Signature' option:
3c. Choose to type your signature or draw it. After you complete your signature choose to create:
3d. After you complete the signature, drag-and-drop the signature underneath the signature section and then click on 'finish & sign':
3e. You will be able to save this to your device or other storage options:
4. Independent of whether you use Adobe Acrobat Pro or Smallpdf, your final product will look like the following:
Here are a few additional articles that go into 'Forms':