Does Fieldwire collect sales tax?
Fieldwire collects sales tax on all applicable invoices and subscription charges, depending on the location of your Billing Address.
- If your Billing Address is in a city or state that does not consider Software-as-a-Service (“SaaS”) subject to sales tax, your invoices or subscription charges do not include it.
- If your Billing Address is located in a city or state that imposes sales tax on SaaS subscriptions like Fieldwire's Premium (Paid) Plans, you can see the additional line item for sales tax included on our payment page when completing any new subscription purchase, as well as on your invoices and billing receipts for your recurring subscription charges.
- To check applicable tax rates, you can enter your billing address into this sales tax calculator. This is an estimate only, as some jurisdictions charge lower rates for SaaS than for other goods and services.
- If your company’s Fieldwire purchases should be exempted from sales tax, please email the appropriate Exemption Certificate to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What You Can Do Proactively as an Account Owner/Billing Admin
Head to your Account (Subscription) Management Page and ensure your billing address is accurate and up-to-date.
- This will ensure the proper collection of state and local sales tax on your Fieldwire purchases (or ensure you don't incur additional charges, if your billing address is in a location that doesn't impose sales tax on SaaS subscriptions like Fieldwire).
- For more information on how to check and, if necessary, update your billing address, follow the instructions in this section of our Account (Subscription) Management Guide.
If you have any further questions or issues, please use our in-app Support button to start a chat, or else simply email email@example.com. Or give us a call - your local Fieldwire Support Phone number is always listed in the bottom-right corner of our website.
Check out these related articles on Fieldwire Billing and Premium Subscriptions: