In July 2018, Fieldwire released a 'Forms' module in beta for all Business and Enterprise users. This is a new way of using Fieldwire, alongside the existing plans, tasks, and files. Below is an article which describes Fieldwire's Inspection Request Forms.
Overview & background
Inspection Requests are designed to ensure quality and safety throughout your project. In the Fieldwire app, you can quickly and conveniently create and fill out an Inspection Form on mobile or web.
Whether you are in the office or on-site, online or offline, you can use the Fieldwire app to generate an Inspection Request Form. Within the template, you can:
- Populate information about where the inspection takes place, the date and time of the inspection, and the results of the inspection.
- Attach a photo or relevant file.
- Sign the inspection request, assign the Form to the relevant person, then change the status to Approved, Approved as noted, or Not approved.
Completing an Inspection Request Form
- Inspection Request Number (#) - Fieldwire will automatically generate a Form number that cannot be edited.
- Description - A freeform section that allows you to customize the title of the Inspection Request. For example, if you have an internal naming convention for Inspection Requests, you can include that num in the description.
- Assignee - The person responsible for filling out the Inspection Request at a given time. You have the option to re-assign the Inspection Request to someone you might need input from.
- Status - When creating an Inspection Request, the Status will default to "Draft". Once the area is ready for inspection (and the Inspection References section of the form is complete), the status should be changed to "Ready for inspection". The inspector can then arrive on site and complete the "Inspection Results" section with notes, photos, and attachments. Based on these results, the status can be updated from the dropdown to "Approved", "Approved as noted", or "Not approved" depending on the results.
- Company - Name of the company needing the inspection.
- Ref. Specs - Open field to put a reference to a specification section.
- Ref. Drawing - Plan number that is related to the location of the inspection.
- Ref. Submittal - Open field to reference the specific submittal document being referenced in the inspection.
- Date of inspection / Location of inspection - Mandatory fields that establish when and where the inspection took place.
- Requested by - Drop down menu of people on the project to communicate who needs this inspection done.
- Date requested - Date field to establish when the inspection results need to be completed by.
- Inspected by - Mandatory drop down menu to choose who completed the inspection.
- Company - Name of the company doing the inspection.
- Date of inspection - Mandatory date field to communicate when the inspection was completed.
- Inspection results - Open field to write out the results. For example, "Passed."
- Photo/File - Option to upload a photo or file of anything related to the inspection.
- Existing file - Option to attach any file that is already uploaded into your project.
- Crop plan - Option to select a plan and crop a section of the plan to be in the report. For example, if the work was done in the bathroom on the first floor, you could crop that section of the plan and put it in the inspection.
- Signature - Mandatory field that automatically adds the time and day of which it was signed.
Once the mandatory fields have been entered and the Inspection Request has been completed, you can submit the form by changing the Status to "Approved", "Not approved", or "Approved as noted". After the form has been submitted, it cannot be edited unless a Project Admin changes the status back to "Draft" or "Ready for Inspection".
The form creator, assignee, and last editor will receive a notification when the form has been submitted. If you would like to send the completed Inspection Request as a PDF, you can download the form on the web. If you need more information on submitting forms take a look at this article.
Refer to this article for information about notifications.
If you’re experiencing error messages due to unsynced or missing information, refer to this article.
If you're interested in learning about Fieldwire's other Form options, check out this article.