Overview & background
Fieldwire offers a "Forms" module for the Business and Premier tiers. Within this module, we do offer pre-made Form templates such as Timesheet, RFI's, Inspection Request, Safety Audit, Time & Material Tag, and Daily Report forms as well as the option to create your own Custom forms on the account. You can also push any custom forms from your project to your account to distribute these across your projects, similarly, you can push any forms from your account to your projects - take a look at this article on account form templates for more information.
Whether you are online, offline, in the office or on site, you can use the Fieldwire app to record your hours in a simple timesheet. Within Fieldwire's Timesheet Form you can:
- Create and complete timesheets on the fly.
- Track individual employees hours.
- Build an accurate digital history of hours spent on a project.
Completing a Timesheet Form
- Timesheet Number (#) - Fieldwire automatically generates a Form number which cannot be edited.
- Description - A freeform section which allows you to customize the timesheet title. For example, if you would like to label your Timesheets by date, you could enter the date range (e.g. "6/11 - 6/17") as the description.
- Assignee - The person who is responsible for filling out the timesheet at a given time. You have the option to re-assign the timesheet to someone you might need input from.
- Status - When creating a timesheet, the status will default to "Draft". Once completed, the timesheet can be submitted by selecting "Submitted" from the drop-down.
- Due Date - The form creator can add a 'Due Date' to indicate the expected day the form will need to be completed by. Any assignee and the admin can update the date after the form has been created.
Note: Email and in-app notifications are sent to the Form Assignee 48 hours prior to the due date. If the Form Due Date is changed, then the notification resets and will be sent 48 hours prior to the new Due Date. If the assignee changes then a new email is sent.
- Week starting on - Select the beginning of the work week you want to track.
In this section, add a line item per employee by selecting "+ Add Entry".
- Employee - A mandatory field to record the name of the employee whose hours are being documented.
- Comment - In this section, you can record any notes to describe the activities or add its cost code. For Example: "Concrete formwork setup for wall W102."
- Monday / Tuesday / Wednesday / Thursday / Friday / Saturday / Sunday - Within each cell you can record hours completed per day. Monday - Sunday is the default week and cannot be changed.
Note: Admins can edit the form template to include the calculation entry type to calculate the total hours in the timesheet. To learn more, please click here.
The signature section prompts users to provide an electronic signature on the Web or a free-hand signature on mobile. Fieldwire will automatically include the timestamp of when the form was signed to help ensure accountability.
On the Web, you, or someone who does not have a Fieldwire Account, can add sign your form:
|The name of the user that is logged in will populate as the first signature option.||Choose 'Sign as someone else' to have a user who does not have a Fieldwire account sign the form.|
The signature of any user signing as themselves will be accompanied by a date, time, device-stamp as well as the signatory's Company and Job title to show when exactly the form was signed and which individual signed it. The user who is logged into Fieldwire on the device where the Form was accessed will be listed as the device owner:
|'Sign as Ben Schantz'|
|'Sign as someone else'|
On the iOS and Android Versions of Fieldwire, you can also have another user sign the form:
|The name of the user that is logged in will populate as the first signature option.||Choose 'Someone else' to have a user who does not have a Fieldwire account sign the form.|
After you determined who will sign the form, you'll be prompted to add a freehand signature to the Form if you are signing. If someone else is signing the Form, they'll be prompted to type their name before they add their freehand signature.
As with signing on the Web, any signature will be accompanied by a date, time, and device-stamp to show when exactly the form was signed and which individual signed it.
Note: The signatory's Company and Job title are not yet shown if the Form is signed on mobile.
The user who is logged into Fieldwire on the device where the Form was accessed will be listed as the device owner:
|Sign form as 'Andrew White'|
|Sign form as 'Someone Else'|
Once the mandatory fields are entered and the timesheet is signed, submit the form by selecting the option to "Update status and close", then change the "Status" to "Submitted":
After the form has been submitted, it cannot be edited unless a Project Admin changes the status back to "Draft".
The form creator, assignee, and last editor will receive a notification when the form has been submitted. If you would like to send the completed timesheet as a PDF, you can download the form on the web. If you need more information on submitting forms take a look at this article.