Fieldwire offers a "Forms" module for the Business and Business Plus tiers. Within this module, we do offer the option to create your own Custom forms on the account and add the five default form templates. You can also push any custom forms from your project to your account to distribute these across your projects. Similarly, you can push any forms from your account to your projects - take a look at this article on account form templates for more information.
Due to recent, deliberate changes, the five default form templates mentioned above no longer automatically appear in each new project. If you are creating a new Business Account with Fieldwire, you'll see these default form templates automatically in the "Templates" tab on your project dashboard. If you've already created a Fieldwire Business Account, none of your existing projects will be affected. Rather, you'll only see these changes on newly created projects.
In addition, you can add any of the five default form templates at any time regardless of whether or not they are in your Account Form Templates by following this workflow:
- Click the blue "+New form" button
- Hover over "+New template"
- Click "Create new"
- Select one of the five default form templates under the "Start with..." dropdown
- (Optional) Update the name of the template
- (Optional) Toggle whether or not you want it to be a "Dated template"
- Click "Create"
If you want to have previously created custom form templates in your projects, you'll either need to clone an existing project or import those custom form templates from the Account.
The Time & Material Tag Form is designed to document the time spent by the contractor's subcontractors to perform the work, and for materials used to complete the work on-site.
Through Fieldwire, you can fill out a Time & Materials tag very quickly and conveniently on mobile or on the web. Within the template, you can:
- Populate information about the time spent on labor, equipment, and materials used.
- Attach photos or relevant files.
- Sign the T&M form assign the form to the relevant person, then change the status to "Submitted".
The Time & Material Tag Form
- Form Number (#) - Fieldwire automatically generates a form number that cannot be edited.
- Description - A freeform section that allows you to customize the Time & Material Tag title. For example, if you would like to label your Time & Material Tags by date and crew, you could enter the date and crew (e.g. "6/15 Concrete Crew") as the description.
- Assignee - The person responsible for filling out the Time & Material Tags at a given time. You have the option to re-assign a daily report to someone you may need input from. The assignee receives a notification when the report has been submitted.
- Status - When creating a daily report, the status defaults to "Draft". Once complete, the Time & Material Tag can be submitted by selecting "Submitted" from the drop-down menu.
- Due Date - The form creator can add a 'Due Date' to indicate the expected day the form will need to be completed by. Any assignee and the admin can update the date after the form has been created.
Note: Email and in-app notifications are sent to the Form Assignee 48 hours prior to the due date. If the Form Due Date is changed, then the notification resets and will be sent 48 hours prior to the new Due Date. If the assignee changes then a new email is sent.
Note: Project Admins can create calculations in a table using Integer and Decimal entry types. Learn more about this here.
- General Information - Here you designate who the Time & Material Tag should be issued to, and who it has been issued from. You can also designate the Description of Work.
- Labor - This section allows you to document the labor that was performed onsite. There are sections to record the Trade, a description of the tasks performed, and sections to document the hours of labor taken by the Trade.
- Equipment - This Section allows you to document the Equipment that was used on-site, as well as the number of hours spent using the equipment.
- Material - This Section allows you to document the Materials that were used on-site, as well as the number of hours spent installing those materials.
- Photo / File - Here you can upload a photo or file related to the day.
- 360 Photo - On the Business Plan, you have the option to upload any 360º photos to Fieldwire.
- Existing Photo - The "Existing photo" option allows you to attach any photos stored under the “Photos” tab to your Form.
- Existing file - This option allows you to link a file that has been uploaded into your project.
- Crop plan - Here include a cropped section of the plan to highlight the exact location in question.
Note: If you choose to attach an "Existing photo", that photo will be shown again in the "Photos" tab since it is now associated with the Form.
Note: You can upload files up to 200mb and photos up to 50mb.
The signature section prompts users to provide an electronic signature on the Web or a free-hand signature on mobile. Fieldwire will automatically include the timestamp of when the form was signed to help ensure accountability.
On the Web, you, or someone who does not have a Fieldwire Account, can add sign your form:
|The name of the user that is logged in will populate as the first signature option.||Choose 'Sign as someone else' to have a user who does not have a Fieldwire account sign the form.|
The signature of any user signing as themselves will be accompanied by a date, time, device-stamp as well as the signatory's Company and Job title to show when exactly the form was signed and which individual signed it. The user who is logged into Fieldwire on the device where the Form was accessed will be listed as the device owner:
|'Sign as Ben Schantz'|
|'Sign as someone else'|
In each Signature section of a Form, users can now decide the minimum number of signatures required in one section as well as the maximum number of signatures allowed in one section. This prevents users from having to add multiple Signature sections into one Form.
In order to do so, users will need to unpublish the Form Template they wish to edit and click on the pencil icon as shown in the screenshot below.
After clicking the pencil icon, users will be able to choose the "Min number of signatures" and the "Max number of signatures".
Note: If you do not want the Signature section to be Required, you must set the "Min number of signatures" to "0".
Although mobile users can't edit the number of Min or Max Signatures needed on a Form, they can see/add multiple signatures under one Signature section as determined by the "Min number of signatures" and the "Max number of signatures" on the Form Template.
Time & Material Tag forms can be backed up to cloud storage providers (Box, Dropbox, OneDrive) via a 1-way sync connection. When one of these integrations is active, Forms that have been updated to a non-editable status (i.e. "Submitted") will be copied to Box/Dropbox/OneDrive and stored in their corresponding subfolders. The subfolder name will match the name of the Form Template that was used to generate the Form (in this case, "Time & Material Tag").
- Refer to this article for information about notifications
- If you’re experiencing error messages due to unsynced or missing information, refer to this article
- If you're interested in learning about Fieldwire's other Form options, refer to this article