Overview & Background
Fieldwire offers a "Forms" module for the Business and Premier tiers. Within this module, we do offer pre-made Form templates such as Time & Material Tag, Daily Report, RFI's, Inspection Request, Safety Audit, and Timesheet forms as well as the option to create your own Custom forms on the account. You can also push any custom forms from your project to your account to distribute these across your projects, similarly, you can push any forms from your account to your projects - take a look at this article on account form templates for more information.
The Time & Material Tag Form is designed to document the time spent by the contractor's subcontractors to perform the work, and for materials used to complete the work on-site.
Through Fieldwire, you can fill out a Time & Materials tag very quickly and conveniently on mobile or on the web. Within the template, you can:
- Populate information about the time spent on labor, equipment, and materials used.
- Attach photos or relevant files.
- Sign the T&M form assign the form to the relevant person, then change the status to "Submitted".
The Time & Material Tag Form
- Form Number (#) - Fieldwire automatically generates a form number that cannot be edited.
- Description - A freeform section that allows you to customize the Time & Material Tag title. For example, if you would like to label your Time & Material Tags by date and crew, you could enter the date and crew (e.g. "6/15 Concrete Crew") as the description.
- Assignee - The person responsible for filling out the Time & Material Tags at a given time. You have the option to re-assign a daily report to someone you may need input from. The assignee receives a notification when the report has been submitted.
- Status - When creating a daily report, the status defaults to "Draft". Once complete, the Time & Material Tag can be submitted by selecting "Submitted" from the drop-down menu.
- Due Date - The form creator can add a 'Due Date' to indicate the expected day the form will need to be completed by. Any assignee and the admin can update the date after the form has been created.
Note: Email and in-app notifications are sent to the Form Assignee 48 hours prior to the due date. If the Form Due Date is changed, then the notification resets and will be sent 48 hours prior to the new Due Date. If the assignee changes then a new email is sent.
Note: Project Admins can create calculations in a table using Integer and Decimal entry types. Learn more about this here.
- General Information - Here you designate who the Time & Material Tag should be issued to, and who it has been issued from. You can also designate the Description of Work.
- Labor - This section allows you to document the labor that was performed onsite. There are sections to record the Trade, a description of the tasks performed, and sections to document the hours of labor taken by the Trade.
- Equipment - This Section allows you to document the Equipment that was used on-site, as well as the number of hours spent using the equipment.
- Material - This Section allows you to document the Materials that were used on-site, as well as the number of hours spent installing those materials.
- Photo / File - Here you can upload a photo or file related to the day.
- 360 Photo - On the Business Plan, you have the option to upload any 360º photos to Fieldwire.
- Existing Photo - The "Existing photo" option allows you to attach any photos stored under the “Photos” tab to your Form.
- Existing file - This option allows you to link a file that has been uploaded into your project.
- Crop plan - Here include a cropped section of the plan to highlight the exact location in question.
Note: If you choose to attach an "Existing photo", that photo will be shown again in the "Photos" tab since it is now associated with the Form.
Note: You can upload files up to 200mb and photos up to 50mb.
The signature section prompts users to provide an electronic signature on the Web or a free-hand signature on mobile. Fieldwire will automatically include the timestamp of when the form was signed to help ensure accountability.
On the Web, you, or someone who does not have a Fieldwire Account, can add sign your form:
|The name of the user that is logged in will populate as the first signature option.||Choose 'Sign as someone else' to have a user who does not have a Fieldwire account sign the form.|
The signature of any user signing as themselves will be accompanied by a date, time, device-stamp as well as the signatory's Company and Job title to show when exactly the form was signed and which individual signed it. The user who is logged into Fieldwire on the device where the Form was accessed will be listed as the device owner:
|'Sign as Ben Schantz'|
|'Sign as someone else'|