Overview & Background
Checklists can be inserted into tasks very quickly, allowing you to add structure to your site inspections or your workflows in the field.
What you can do with checklists
- Create checklist templates so you can quickly add them to tasks
- Clone checklists between projects to standardize workflows
- Duplicate tasks with checklists to speed up your inspections and punch walks
- Import tasks (with checklists pre-loaded) in bulk so that project set-up is a breeze
Checklist basics on the web
Once you've created a new task, you can simply select "+ Add checklist". Here you have the option to add a "new checklist" or an "existing checklist template".
Checklist templates can be set up within your Project Settings, and are the quickest way to insert a checklist into a task:
Select the checklist template:
How checklist templates work
When I select one of my checklist templates, my task will be populated with a structured list of items which I can go ahead and check off as I complete each of them. You'll notice that Fieldwire tracks the information below.
- The initials of the individual who ticked off each line item
- The date that the item was checked
This timestamped information will also be contained in reports, allowing you to record a thorough history of the task.
What a checklist looks like in a task on the web:
This checklist will also appear on your mobile device, where you can also check off items during your site walks.
Checklists on Mobile
The mobile view is extremely similar to the web view, with the same three checkbox options.
- Blue tick = complete
- Red cross = incomplete
- Grey line = not applicable
What a checklist looks like in a task on iPad:
Note: Checklists on Android tablets look very similar to how checklists look on iPads.
How to add a checklist template on mobile
To add a checklist on mobile, create a new task and select the '+' sign at the bottom of the task:
You can then select the appropriate checklist you created in the web app from your list of checklist templates:
And you're ready to go, it's that simple!
What a populated checklist looks like on mobile (iPad):
Note: this iOS view is similar to what these look like on Android tablets.
How to create a checklist on task (Mobile)
If you need to create a new checklist or add another checkbox to an existing checklist, you can do this from the task section.
1. Click on the comment icon on your task:
2. Choose the checklist icon:
3. Start typing your checkboxes, start a new checkbox you will click on the return, and save by clicking post:
Once you've set up some checklists, you may then want to do the following.